Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Burrito Monster... Doesn't Sound as Good as Cookie Monster


So I used to think that my favorite food was soup. Here are some of my all time favorite soup recipes:

Creamy Chicken Soup
Barley Leek Soup
Copycat Zupa's Garden Chowder

Seriously, you can not go wrong with these soups, except that the first two have chicken in them, and if you're trying to eat less meat, like me, you either can't eat them, or just A. replace the chicken with a vegetable in the Creamy Chicken soup, B. leave out the chicken in the Barley Leek Soup (it's kind of superfluous anyways), and C. MAKE THE GARDEN CHOWDER RIGHT NOW.


So yeah, soup is good. But you know what's JUST as good? Burritos. 
Oh yeah, that's what I said. 





                       





The other week I was daydreaming about Chipotle, because I love it so much, and since I don't have one within driving distance (until very recently) I decided to have a copycat Chipotle night!!! 
Here are the ingredients we had:

Big Tortillas found at Costco- sorry I can't remember the brand!!! (with the added bonus of NO trans fat! I did a happy dance when I found these, because it's SO hard finding a good tortillas without trans fat)
Pico de Gallo
Guacamole
Cilantro Lime Rice
Pinto Beans  (The recipe calls for black beans, but I like pinto better)
Corn Salsa (Ah-Mazing!)
Sour Cream
Cheese
Shredded Lettuce

This burrito was so good!! I had tons of leftovers, so I ate a burrito every day for lunch. And when I ran out of the burrito fillings I made more, and continued to eat them every day for lunch. Seriously they are SO good, and healthy! You could even omit the tortilla and just have it as a salad and it would be amazing. And the best part is I don't have to pay $8 for a Chipotle burrito every day! (Seriously my budget could sustain that for like a day.)

Basically what I'm saying is I think burritos are my new favorite food. I'm the kind of person that doesn't like repetition in my meals. Even with meals we really like, we only eat them every few months. Except pizza. I could eat my homemade pizza probably every week. 

As I was meal planning today I decided to add some ideas of things I could put in my burritos and here they are:

Brown Rice/Quinoa
Sauteed Onions/Bell Peppers
Grated Zucchini/Carrot

Doesn't a burrito right about now sound FANTASTIC? 

No comments:

Post a Comment