Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Maybe I'll Wear Makeup Again Some Day

I like makeup yes I do. I like makeup yes it's true.

Before I had my baby girl I developed a new little hobby. I would go online and watch makeup tutorials to figure out how to better purchase and apply makeup. So that I would look awesome.

My husband ALWAYS tells me that I look beautiful without makeup, and that he even prefers me without makeup. I am grateful for this because for the last five weeks I've only put on makeup a handful of times, and it's been mostly minimal. I am blessed to have a husband who doesn't cringe when he looks at me in the morning, but honestly I would rather look at myself with makeup on.

I assume most of you have seen this meme. Cracks me up every time because it's totally true, at least for me.


                                                             


My favorite youtube makeup tutorials are from gossmakupmaritst and Lauren Curtis. Mostly gossmakeupartist, which is funny becuase he's a guy, and I feel like his tutorials and explanations are better than a lot of girls tutorials. Disclaimer: I am definitely not an expert on this stuff, and I'm sure there are plenty of good makeup artists on youtube that I'm not familiar with.

Here are a few of my favorite videos:







Another thing a friend of mine shared with me is Birchbox! (Thanks Sam) If you haven't heard of it, it's awesome! You subscribe and pay $10/month (or $100/year if you pay up front) and they send you a package every month that has 4-6 high quality makeup/skin care/hair care products. It's like Christmas, every month! I am admittedly not doing it right now because we just had a baby and bought a home... so when we have an extra $10/month again I will resubscribe.

This is an example of what you'd get:

                                                                  


Happy makeup-ing. Or not.




1 comment:

  1. I love Birchbox! I'm glad you like it too! I've gotten at least three people hooked on them! I love the tutorials too, but I can almost never pull off what they're trying to teach me...;)

    ReplyDelete